Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Imperial Palace or Close to It.

Unfortunately for me, I came a month too late to be able to go into the Imperial Palace, but the East Gardens of the Imperial Palace is open to the public, so Taji took me there instead. I still got a picture of the outside gates of the Imperial Palace.

East Gardens are where the castle that used to be here's main defenses were. None of the main buildings remain today, but I still got to see the moats, walls, gates and a few guardhouses. Everything else had been burned in a fire. Below is what remained of one of the castle's towers.



After this we went to Tsukiji Fish Market. There were so many rules to follow there is was ridiculous. "Don't go here" "Don't do this" Oh goodness. It made my head spin. One of the many rules was that only 140 people per day were allowed into the tuna auction and you must apply to get access. Guess who went down to the market at 4:30 AM to make sure we could get into the auction today? Yes, Taji did, bless his heart. So we get in and see tuna from wall to wall lined up on the floor with people parading up and down picking the ones they want to buy most. It was quite the spectacle and I was one of the select few to be able to see it.

Tomorrow I'm off to Harajuku to get a load of all the cosplayers and the lolita people. That should be entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment